Luke 2 (HCSB)
4 And Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and family line of David, 5 to be registered along with Mary, who was engaged to him and was pregnant. 6 While they were there, the time came for her to give birth. 7 Then she gave birth to her firstborn Son, and she wrapped Him snugly in cloth and laid Him in a feeding trough—because there was no room for them at the lodging place.
8 In the same region, shepherds were staying out in the fields and keeping watch at night over their flock. 9 Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Don’t be afraid, for look, I proclaim to you good news of great joy that will be for all the people: 11 Today a Savior, who is Messiah the Lord, was born for you in the city of David. 12 This will be the sign for you: You will find a baby wrapped snugly in cloth and lying in a feeding trough.”
13 Suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host with the angel, praising God and saying:
14 Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and peace on earth to people He favors!
15 When the angels had left them and returned to heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go straight to Bethlehem and see what has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.”
16 They hurried off and found both Mary and Joseph, and the baby who was lying in the feeding trough. 17 After seeing them, they reported the message they were told about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. 19 But Mary was treasuring up all these things in her heart and meditating on them. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had seen and heard, just as they had been told.
Last Thursday, December 7th, Hillcrest’s 3rd grade classes enjoyed a theatrical performance of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast at New Stage Theatre in Jackson, Mississippi.
Last week, Hillcrest hosted the district reading fair in the Lower School gym. Hillcrest students did very well! Check out a few of our winners:
- 3rd Grade, Non-fiction – Amari McNeal, Third Place
- 3rd Grade, Fiction – Addison Cohn, Third Place
- 4th Grade, Fiction – Savanna Morton, Second Place
- 4th Grade, Fiction – Kayla Epperson, First Place
- 5th Grade, Non-fiction – Olivia Simmington, Third Place
- 5th Grade, Non-fiction – Wesley Lindsey, Second Place
- 5th Grade, Fiction – Jordyn McGee, First Place
- 6th Grade, Non-fiction – Andrew Kuhn, Second Place
- 6th Grade, Non-fiction – T.J. Mitchell, First Place
- 6th Grade, Fiction – Brooke Boney, Third Place
- 6th Grade, Fiction – Danielle Wallace, First Place
Congratulations to everyone who placed!