Excellence in Christ-centered education
HCS was established as a non-denominational coed school in 1971 and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, the Southern Association of Independent Schools, and the Mississippi Association of Independent Schools. We offer programs for K-3 through 12th grade, as well as after-school daycare for our students through grade 6.
Above all, Hillcrest Christian School is committed to being Christ-centered, rooted in unchanging Biblical truths, and to leading students to view life from a Christian perspective. Academically, students are expected to master the knowledge and skills needed to ensure success in college.
Our curriculum is college preparatory; therefore, each graduate must be accepted to at least one college or university of his or her choice before graduation. Furthermore, students must complete at least 10 community service hours for each year of grades 9 through 12 in order to receive a diploma from HCS.
The Hillcrest campus is strategically located where Jackson and Byram converge; we serve students who live throughout the metro area, including Pearl, Raymond, Florence, and Flora, among other cities and towns in central Mississippi.
Mission Statement of Hillcrest Christian School
Hillcrest Christian School is dedicated to reaching students for Christ, emphasizing academic excellence, and incorporating Christ-like values in all extracurricular activities. We endeavor to operate Hillcrest Christian School on the following Biblical principles found in Colossians 1:9-12:
Operate in a manner worthy of the Lord (v. 10)
Seek to please the Lord in every aspect of the school (v. 10)
Expect growth in character and knowledge (v.10)
Rely upon the Lord (v. 11)
Cultivate an atmosphere of joyful thanksgiving (v. 12)
Statement of Faith of Hillcrest Christian School
1. We believe the Bible to be the complete, inspired, and authoritative Word of God, without error in the original writings, the standard by which all knowledge is judged and taught and is the final authority in faith and life. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Deuteronomy 6:4; Colossians 1:16; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (John 10:30; Matthew 1:22-25; Hebrews 7:26; 1 Peter 2:21-24; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; Acts 1:9-10; Romans 8:34; 1 Thessalonians 4:16)
4. We believe that the salvation and redemption of lost and sinful mankind are possible only by God’s grace through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. (Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:8-9)
5. We believe that children and adolescents should be taught in Christian love. (Hebrews 12:6; Revelation 3:19)
6. We believe that all Christians are called to live Godly lives. (Colossians 1:9-12; Romans 12:2)