They’ve nearly done it… All their hard work is about to pay off… Three more days of high school are all they have remaining, and then the members of the Class of 2018 will be on their way to bigger and better things!
Here are several important dates and reminders:
- Senior Chapel will take place this Friday, April 27, beginning at 8:55 AM.
- Senior Exams are next week, Monday through Wednesday (April 30 – May 2) during regular class periods: 1st & 2nd period Monday, 3rd & 4th Tuesday, 5th & makeups Wednesday.
- Baccalaureate practice will take place Friday, May 4, beginning at 1:30 PM at Wynndale Baptist Church.
- Class Day / Passing the Torch practice will take place Monday, May 7, at 10:00 AM in the high school gym.
- Baccalaureate is Monday night, May 7, beginning at 6:30 PM at Wynndale Baptist Church; seniors must arrive no later than 6:00 PM.
- Class Day / Passing the Torch is Tuesday, May 8, beginning at 8:45 AM; seniors must arrive by 8:10 AM. Juniors will also participate in this and must attend school regularly.
- Graduation practice is Thursday, May 10, beginning at 1:00 PM at Country Woods Baptist Church.
- THE BIG MOMENT, Graduation begins at 7:00 PM on Friday, May 11, at Country Woods Baptist Church; seniors must arrive by 6:00 PM.
Finally, Seniors, if you have not turned in your letter of college acceptance or any of your community service hours (10 per year of high school), please get those to Mr. Ritter as soon as possible. You will not receive a diploma until you do so.
Today the third grade classes presented their program, “It’s How You Play the Game.” Not only did they get a chance to show off their skills playing their recorders, they sang songs about about staying healthy and having good sportsmanship.
Hillcrest’s concert band performed in the MAIS competition held last Thursday at Jackson Prep. Under the leadership of new director Nolan Jones — who has only been “at the helm” for approximately 2 months — the band showed its adaptability and skill, and they came away with an overall rating of 2, which is considered to be “excellent.” Congratulations to all!!
Lower School has recently begun a Student of the Month program, and last Wednesday was the first time these special students were honored. Each teacher nominates a student who regularly sets a Christ-like example, and they are then treated to a breakfast after chapel. The students are shown in the picture above, from left to right: Front row—Rivers Bankston, Kylie Mosley, Dailah Collins, Tate Hammond, and Ella Smith. Back row—Amante Edmond, Cole James, Kayla Epperson, Jay Shuff, Mary Grace Tomlinson, Deeya Sharma, Molly Godbold, Madison Cooley, and Diarra Hicks.
Congratulations, and keep sharing Jesus in the way you live each day!
Last Tuesday, our 5th graders took a field trip to the new Ocean Adventures Marine Park in Gulfport, which features several interactive attractions, such as an aviary where birds fly overhead and all around, a dolphin/sea lion show, an underwater viewing area, a stingray feeding area, and other touch pools, where visitors can pet a crab, a snake or an alligator. Hillcrest’s students especially enjoyed touching the sting rays and seeing the dolphin and sea lion shows..